Farmer mauled to death by tiger
Chandrapur: A farmer was mauled to death by a tiger in the buffer zone of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) here.
The mutilated body of Rajaram Thakre (60) was traced to the forest under Talodhi (Naik) village of Khadsangi range this morning, forest officials said.
Rajaram had taken his cattle for grazing yesterday but failed to return which made villagers search for him but in vain.
His body was found today at a farm, they said.
"The farms are located on the fringes of Khadsangi and FDCM (Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra) area in the buffer zone of TATR. The tiger possibly killed Rajaram on Wednesday evening and dragged his body over 500 meters to the adjacent farm before eating some body parts," assistant conservator of forest Arun Tikhe said.
The tiger`s pug marks were found along the track where the victim`s body was dragged which made them conclude that he was attacked by the feline, Tikhe said.
He cautioned the villagers that since the area was inhabited by tigers, they needed to be careful while venturing there.
The autopsy was conducted and the body was handed over to the family members of the deceased.
An ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh would be provided to the kin of the deceased, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials