Farmer mauled to death by tiger
Chandrapur: A farmer was mauled to death by a tiger in the buffer zone of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) here.
The mutilated body of Rajaram Thakre (60) was traced to the forest under Talodhi (Naik) village of Khadsangi range this morning, forest officials said.
Rajaram had taken his cattle for grazing yesterday but failed to return which made villagers search for him but in vain.
His body was found today at a farm, they said.
"The farms are located on the fringes of Khadsangi and FDCM (Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra) area in the buffer zone of TATR. The tiger possibly killed Rajaram on Wednesday evening and dragged his body over 500 meters to the adjacent farm before eating some body parts," assistant conservator of forest Arun Tikhe said.
The tiger`s pug marks were found along the track where the victim`s body was dragged which made them conclude that he was attacked by the feline, Tikhe said.
He cautioned the villagers that since the area was inhabited by tigers, they needed to be careful while venturing there.
The autopsy was conducted and the body was handed over to the family members of the deceased.
An ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh would be provided to the kin of the deceased, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch