Farmer named by Kejriwal in Gadkari`s case missing: Family
Nagpur: Gajanan Ghadge, former deputy Sarpanch of Khursapur village in the district who was named by Arvind Kejriwal yesterday as someone whose land was given away to BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s firms, was missing since last evening, his family said.
Durga Ghadge, his wife, said her husband was missing. "If he does not come back by tomorrow morning, we will lodge a police complaint," she told reporters.
However, earlier in the day, Gajanan Ghadge himself purportedly told a TV newschanel from an undisclosed location that there was no wrongdoing on Gadkari`s part, and though his land had been acquired, he was still cultivating it.
`India Against Corruption` leaders Kejriwal and Anjali Damania had alleged yesterday that former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar gave away farmers` lands near Wadgaon dam in Nagpur district, acquired by the state earlier, to Gadkari`s firms.
However, Sudhir Diwe, the Managing Director of Gadkari`s Purti Sugar factory, said Ghadge was a share holder of the factory, and still cultivated his land, though he did not own it anymore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days