Farmer named by Kejriwal in Gadkari`s case missing: Family
Nagpur: Gajanan Ghadge, former deputy Sarpanch of Khursapur village in the district who was named by Arvind Kejriwal yesterday as someone whose land was given away to BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s firms, was missing since last evening, his family said.
Durga Ghadge, his wife, said her husband was missing. "If he does not come back by tomorrow morning, we will lodge a police complaint," she told reporters.
However, earlier in the day, Gajanan Ghadge himself purportedly told a TV newschanel from an undisclosed location that there was no wrongdoing on Gadkari`s part, and though his land had been acquired, he was still cultivating it.
`India Against Corruption` leaders Kejriwal and Anjali Damania had alleged yesterday that former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar gave away farmers` lands near Wadgaon dam in Nagpur district, acquired by the state earlier, to Gadkari`s firms.
However, Sudhir Diwe, the Managing Director of Gadkari`s Purti Sugar factory, said Ghadge was a share holder of the factory, and still cultivated his land, though he did not own it anymore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!