Farmer named by Kejriwal in Gadkari`s case missing: Family
Nagpur: Gajanan Ghadge, former deputy Sarpanch of Khursapur village in the district who was named by Arvind Kejriwal yesterday as someone whose land was given away to BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s firms, was missing since last evening, his family said.
Durga Ghadge, his wife, said her husband was missing. "If he does not come back by tomorrow morning, we will lodge a police complaint," she told reporters.
However, earlier in the day, Gajanan Ghadge himself purportedly told a TV newschanel from an undisclosed location that there was no wrongdoing on Gadkari`s part, and though his land had been acquired, he was still cultivating it.
`India Against Corruption` leaders Kejriwal and Anjali Damania had alleged yesterday that former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar gave away farmers` lands near Wadgaon dam in Nagpur district, acquired by the state earlier, to Gadkari`s firms.
However, Sudhir Diwe, the Managing Director of Gadkari`s Purti Sugar factory, said Ghadge was a share holder of the factory, and still cultivated his land, though he did not own it anymore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez