Farmer named by Kejriwal in Gadkari`s case missing: Family
Nagpur: Gajanan Ghadge, former deputy Sarpanch of Khursapur village in the district who was named by Arvind Kejriwal yesterday as someone whose land was given away to BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s firms, was missing since last evening, his family said.
Durga Ghadge, his wife, said her husband was missing. "If he does not come back by tomorrow morning, we will lodge a police complaint," she told reporters.
However, earlier in the day, Gajanan Ghadge himself purportedly told a TV newschanel from an undisclosed location that there was no wrongdoing on Gadkari`s part, and though his land had been acquired, he was still cultivating it.
`India Against Corruption` leaders Kejriwal and Anjali Damania had alleged yesterday that former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar gave away farmers` lands near Wadgaon dam in Nagpur district, acquired by the state earlier, to Gadkari`s firms.
However, Sudhir Diwe, the Managing Director of Gadkari`s Purti Sugar factory, said Ghadge was a share holder of the factory, and still cultivated his land, though he did not own it anymore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer