Farmer named by Kejriwal in Gadkari`s case missing: Family
Nagpur: Gajanan Ghadge, former deputy Sarpanch of Khursapur village in the district who was named by Arvind Kejriwal yesterday as someone whose land was given away to BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s firms, was missing since last evening, his family said.
Durga Ghadge, his wife, said her husband was missing. "If he does not come back by tomorrow morning, we will lodge a police complaint," she told reporters.
However, earlier in the day, Gajanan Ghadge himself purportedly told a TV newschanel from an undisclosed location that there was no wrongdoing on Gadkari`s part, and though his land had been acquired, he was still cultivating it.
`India Against Corruption` leaders Kejriwal and Anjali Damania had alleged yesterday that former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Ajit Pawar gave away farmers` lands near Wadgaon dam in Nagpur district, acquired by the state earlier, to Gadkari`s firms.
However, Sudhir Diwe, the Managing Director of Gadkari`s Purti Sugar factory, said Ghadge was a share holder of the factory, and still cultivated his land, though he did not own it anymore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried