Farmers` protest in Pune: Six policemen suspended
Pune: Six police constables attached to Pune
rural police were suspended on Thursday for "vandalising private
vehicles" during Tuesday`s protest by farmers in Maval region.
Rural Police Superintendent Sandip Karnik issued the
suspension order in connection with vandalising the vehicles
parked on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Farmers were protesting against a pipeline project for
supply of water from Pavna dam to Pimpri Chinchwad township
when police opened fire leaving three persons dead.
Video-footage of the incident showed some policemen
attacking private vehicles.
Both houses of the Maharashtra legislature saw a ruckus
this morning, seeking suspension of the guilty policemen.
Those suspended are S S Gengaje, N A Wadge, J H Korde, R
B Bhagvat, V B Nagre and M N Dhankar.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry