Farmers` protest in Pune: Six policemen suspended
Pune: Six police constables attached to Pune
rural police were suspended on Thursday for "vandalising private
vehicles" during Tuesday`s protest by farmers in Maval region.
Rural Police Superintendent Sandip Karnik issued the
suspension order in connection with vandalising the vehicles
parked on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Farmers were protesting against a pipeline project for
supply of water from Pavna dam to Pimpri Chinchwad township
when police opened fire leaving three persons dead.
Video-footage of the incident showed some policemen
attacking private vehicles.
Both houses of the Maharashtra legislature saw a ruckus
this morning, seeking suspension of the guilty policemen.
Those suspended are S S Gengaje, N A Wadge, J H Korde, R
B Bhagvat, V B Nagre and M N Dhankar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'