Farmers` protest in Pune: Six policemen suspended
Pune: Six police constables attached to Pune
rural police were suspended on Thursday for "vandalising private
vehicles" during Tuesday`s protest by farmers in Maval region.
Rural Police Superintendent Sandip Karnik issued the
suspension order in connection with vandalising the vehicles
parked on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Farmers were protesting against a pipeline project for
supply of water from Pavna dam to Pimpri Chinchwad township
when police opened fire leaving three persons dead.
Video-footage of the incident showed some policemen
attacking private vehicles.
Both houses of the Maharashtra legislature saw a ruckus
this morning, seeking suspension of the guilty policemen.
Those suspended are S S Gengaje, N A Wadge, J H Korde, R
B Bhagvat, V B Nagre and M N Dhankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter