FDI in retail discussed with NCP leaders: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Thursday that he had discussed the issue of foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail with top Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leaders before giving approval for its implementation in the state.
Chavan said he had held discussions with the NCP before agreeing to implement it.
"If NCP leaders want more information, I am ready to share it," he said.
Chavan was responding to a question on NCP`s demand that FDI in multi-brand retail should not be implemented unilaterally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!