FDI in retail discussed with NCP leaders: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Thursday that he had discussed the issue of foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail with top Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leaders before giving approval for its implementation in the state.
Chavan said he had held discussions with the NCP before agreeing to implement it.
"If NCP leaders want more information, I am ready to share it," he said.
Chavan was responding to a question on NCP`s demand that FDI in multi-brand retail should not be implemented unilaterally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'