Fed up with frequent torture, woman kills husband in Nasik
Nashik: A 30-year-old woman allegedly slit her husband`s throat and then strangulated him to death after being fed up with his constant torture, police said.
The woman, Mangla Shardul, first tied up her husband Sanjay Nimba Shardul`s hands and legs and then slit his throat with a razor blade. She then strangled him with a rope at their residence in Nilgiribaug slum on Sunday, they said.
She later approached the Adgaon police station and informed that her husband had committed suicide.
However, later it was found that the woman cooked up the story as the autopsy report revealed that the man died of strangulation and heavy blood loss caused by serious neck injury, Adgaon Station House Officer J A Naik told reporters here yesterday.
Rope and razor blades were recovered from the spot, he said.
Sanjay, married to Mangla for last 13 years, was a habitual drinker and often used to beat his wife in an inebriated state, sources said.
The accused was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, police said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley