Fed up with frequent torture, woman kills husband in Nasik
Nashik: A 30-year-old woman allegedly slit her husband`s throat and then strangulated him to death after being fed up with his constant torture, police said.
The woman, Mangla Shardul, first tied up her husband Sanjay Nimba Shardul`s hands and legs and then slit his throat with a razor blade. She then strangled him with a rope at their residence in Nilgiribaug slum on Sunday, they said.
She later approached the Adgaon police station and informed that her husband had committed suicide.
However, later it was found that the woman cooked up the story as the autopsy report revealed that the man died of strangulation and heavy blood loss caused by serious neck injury, Adgaon Station House Officer J A Naik told reporters here yesterday.
Rope and razor blades were recovered from the spot, he said.
Sanjay, married to Mangla for last 13 years, was a habitual drinker and often used to beat his wife in an inebriated state, sources said.
The accused was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, police said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan