Fed up with frequent torture, woman kills husband in Nasik
Nashik: A 30-year-old woman allegedly slit her husband`s throat and then strangulated him to death after being fed up with his constant torture, police said.
The woman, Mangla Shardul, first tied up her husband Sanjay Nimba Shardul`s hands and legs and then slit his throat with a razor blade. She then strangled him with a rope at their residence in Nilgiribaug slum on Sunday, they said.
She later approached the Adgaon police station and informed that her husband had committed suicide.
However, later it was found that the woman cooked up the story as the autopsy report revealed that the man died of strangulation and heavy blood loss caused by serious neck injury, Adgaon Station House Officer J A Naik told reporters here yesterday.
Rope and razor blades were recovered from the spot, he said.
Sanjay, married to Mangla for last 13 years, was a habitual drinker and often used to beat his wife in an inebriated state, sources said.
The accused was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, police said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir