Female foeticide: Doctor sent to police custody till June 11
Beed: The Chief Magistrate`s court here on Friday remanded Dr Shrihari Lahane in police custody till June 11.
Dr Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap, the main accused in the illegal abortions case, was admitted to ICU of Beed Civil hospital yesterday morning and later taken to Aurangabad Medical Collage for further treatment. He had complained of chest pain.
Sanap, who runs a hospital in Beed town, is accused of carrying out illegal abortions. Dr Lahane worked in the same hospital and was arrested two days ago.
Beed district has become infamous for high incidence of female foeticide, with the worst child sex ratio in the state.
After Dr Lahane`s condition improved, he was brought back and produced in the court of S S Salvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight