Female foeticide: Doctor sent to police custody till June 11
Beed: The Chief Magistrate`s court here on Friday remanded Dr Shrihari Lahane in police custody till June 11.
Dr Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap, the main accused in the illegal abortions case, was admitted to ICU of Beed Civil hospital yesterday morning and later taken to Aurangabad Medical Collage for further treatment. He had complained of chest pain.
Sanap, who runs a hospital in Beed town, is accused of carrying out illegal abortions. Dr Lahane worked in the same hospital and was arrested two days ago.
Beed district has become infamous for high incidence of female foeticide, with the worst child sex ratio in the state.
After Dr Lahane`s condition improved, he was brought back and produced in the court of S S Salvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists