Female foeticide: Doctor sent to police custody till June 11
Beed: The Chief Magistrate`s court here on Friday remanded Dr Shrihari Lahane in police custody till June 11.
Dr Lahane, the father-in-law of Dr Shivaji Sanap, the main accused in the illegal abortions case, was admitted to ICU of Beed Civil hospital yesterday morning and later taken to Aurangabad Medical Collage for further treatment. He had complained of chest pain.
Sanap, who runs a hospital in Beed town, is accused of carrying out illegal abortions. Dr Lahane worked in the same hospital and was arrested two days ago.
Beed district has become infamous for high incidence of female foeticide, with the worst child sex ratio in the state.
After Dr Lahane`s condition improved, he was brought back and produced in the court of S S Salvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon