Female pro-Vidarbha activist hurls slipper at Ajit Pawar
Gadchiroli: A female pro-Vidarbha activist allegedly threw a slipper at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar at an event in Chamorshi, about 35 km away from here, Tuesday.
As Pawar concluded his speech with the slogan "Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra," the activist, identified as Shobha Maski who was present among the audience, allegedly threw the slipper in his direction, but it missed him.
The police immediately whisked Shobha Maski away and detained her.
Pawar was in Chamorshi to address a Nationalist Congress Party rally along with Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil and Maharashtra NCP president Sunil Tatkare who were also present.
Despite repeated phone calls, the police remained tightlipped on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State claims fatal stabbing of Bangladeshi Hindu: SITE
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson extends contract until 2019
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Six Indian students bag awards at prestigious Intel Science Fair in US
- Arvind Kejriwal meets Delhi rape victim at AIIMS, raises statehood issue