Female pro-Vidarbha activist hurls slipper at Ajit Pawar
Gadchiroli: A female pro-Vidarbha activist allegedly threw a slipper at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar at an event in Chamorshi, about 35 km away from here, Tuesday.
As Pawar concluded his speech with the slogan "Jai Hind, Jai Maharashtra," the activist, identified as Shobha Maski who was present among the audience, allegedly threw the slipper in his direction, but it missed him.
The police immediately whisked Shobha Maski away and detained her.
Pawar was in Chamorshi to address a Nationalist Congress Party rally along with Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil and Maharashtra NCP president Sunil Tatkare who were also present.
Despite repeated phone calls, the police remained tightlipped on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad