FIR against 3 school employees for death of minor student
Nashik: Offences have been registered against three employees of a well-known city school in connection with the death of a 16-year-old student, who was electrocuted after touching a water cooler at the school hostel around six months back, police said on Sunday.
According to police, the minor victim, Nihal Sandeep Shaha, a student of Bhonsala Military School here, had died after he went to drink water from a cooler at the school hostel on May 15 this year.
Initially, police had registered a case of accidental death. However, later it came to light that the boy had got electrocuted after he had touched the water cooler.
Following an inquiry, three employees of the school-- Subhash Raghunath Mahakal, Ujjain Gopichand Gudhage and Navanath Jagannath Gotarane--- who had the responsibility of maintaining the water cooler, were charged with negligence.
Last evening, the trio was booked under section 304 (A) (causing death by negligence) and section 34 (criminal act with common intention) of IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1