FIR against Ashok Chavan, 14 others in land scam
Yavatmal: City police on Sunday lodged an FIR
against 16 persons, including former Maharashtra Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan, state Education minister Rajendra
Darda, and MP Vijay Darda, besides other government officials,
in connection with an alleged land scam.
The offence has been registered on last week`s directive
of Judicial Magistrate First Class, Yavatmal KS Kulkarni,
based on a petition filed by one Digambar Pajgade, police
The complainant had alleged that two plots ad measuring
76,172 sq feet and 59,000 sq feet meant for open space in
Darda Nagar Society in the district were illegally occupied by
the Jawaharlal Darda Education Society, with the connivance
the Wadgaon Gram Panchayat officials, under the influence of
Thereafter, the trust constructed and ran a school and a
junior college on the plot.
The complainant claimed that Rajya Sabha member Vijay
Darda channelised a sum of Rs 34.53 lakh from his MPLD fund
for the construction of the buildings.
Pajgade further alleged that the Society later applied
for permission to revise the originally approved layout plan
for the plots, which was against the prevailing law. But
flouting norms Chavan instructed the then Yavatmal Collector
to approve the layout plan.
According to a police official, after recording the
statement of Pajgade, the 16 accused were booked by Wadgaon
Road Police Station under relevant sections of the Indian
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician