FIR against Raj Thackeray for poll code violation
Mumbai: An FIR has been registered against the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray and a leading Marathi news channel for allegedly
violating model code of conduct ahead the civic polls, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, the FIR was registered last night after the TV channel aired an interview of Raj Thackeray last evening.
"An FIR was registered against Raj Thackeray and the news channel under IPC section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) as they violated the code of conduct. The complaint was filed by a BMC officer,"
DCP Kishore Jadhav said.
Even though the model code of conduct states that the poll campaign should conclude 48 hours before the polling, the channel had aired an interview of the politician, which has been termed as part of the campaign by the BMC officer, senior inspector S Ghangare of NM Joshi Marg police station said.
Ten civic bodies in Maharashtra, including the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), are going to polls tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what