FIR against Sena leaders for noise pollution
Mumbai: An FIR was on Friday lodged against
organisers of Shiv Sena`s Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park here
for alleged violation of noise pollution norms.
"An FIR was registered against former Sena MLC Anil
Parab, party`s Dadar area branch head Milind Vaidya and party
secretary Divakar Borkar, who organised the rally, for
violation of noise pollution norms," Shivaji Park police
station inspector Shirish Gaikwad said.
Police had denied permission for the rally, which Shiv
Sena has been holding for the last 40 years, as Shivaji Park
in Dadar was declared a `Silence Zone` by the Bombay High
Court last year.
Following the denial, Parab had approached the High Court
which allowed the Sena to hold the event but directed it to
abide by the noise pollution norms, which prescribe maximum
noise level of 50 decibels in silence zones.
"When we measured the noise level, it was found that it
crossed 50 decibels a number of time between 1845-2110 hours
during the rally yesterday...we registered a case against
Parab, Vaidya and Borkar," Gaikwad said.
Meanwhile, some police officials said the noise level at
times reached up to 80 decibels during the rally.
During speeches of Sena chief Bal Thackeray and his son
Uddhav in the rally, the sound levels ranged between 57 and 77
decibels, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks