FIR against Sena leaders for noise pollution
Mumbai: An FIR was on Friday lodged against
organisers of Shiv Sena`s Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park here
for alleged violation of noise pollution norms.
"An FIR was registered against former Sena MLC Anil
Parab, party`s Dadar area branch head Milind Vaidya and party
secretary Divakar Borkar, who organised the rally, for
violation of noise pollution norms," Shivaji Park police
station inspector Shirish Gaikwad said.
Police had denied permission for the rally, which Shiv
Sena has been holding for the last 40 years, as Shivaji Park
in Dadar was declared a `Silence Zone` by the Bombay High
Court last year.
Following the denial, Parab had approached the High Court
which allowed the Sena to hold the event but directed it to
abide by the noise pollution norms, which prescribe maximum
noise level of 50 decibels in silence zones.
"When we measured the noise level, it was found that it
crossed 50 decibels a number of time between 1845-2110 hours
during the rally yesterday...we registered a case against
Parab, Vaidya and Borkar," Gaikwad said.
Meanwhile, some police officials said the noise level at
times reached up to 80 decibels during the rally.
During speeches of Sena chief Bal Thackeray and his son
Uddhav in the rally, the sound levels ranged between 57 and 77
decibels, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price