FIR against Sena MLA, others for assault
Yavatmal: Mahagaon police in the district on Wednesday filed a case against Shiv Sena leader and Digras MLA Sanjay Rathod and nine other party workers on a complaint of assault filed by Yavatmal Zilla Parishad Education and Helath Committee chairman Manmohansingh Chavan.
Chavan alleged that Sena workers dragged him out of his car at village Hivra Sangam, about 75 km from the city, last evening and thrashed him severely.
Yavatmal Superintendent of Police Ranjan Kumar Sharma said FIR was filed against Rathod and nine others under section 353 (assault) and other relevant charge under IPC.
No arrests have been made yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing