FIR against Sena MLA, others for assault
Yavatmal: Mahagaon police in the district on Wednesday filed a case against Shiv Sena leader and Digras MLA Sanjay Rathod and nine other party workers on a complaint of assault filed by Yavatmal Zilla Parishad Education and Helath Committee chairman Manmohansingh Chavan.
Chavan alleged that Sena workers dragged him out of his car at village Hivra Sangam, about 75 km from the city, last evening and thrashed him severely.
Yavatmal Superintendent of Police Ranjan Kumar Sharma said FIR was filed against Rathod and nine others under section 353 (assault) and other relevant charge under IPC.
No arrests have been made yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack