FIR against Sena MLA, others for assault
Yavatmal: Mahagaon police in the district on Wednesday filed a case against Shiv Sena leader and Digras MLA Sanjay Rathod and nine other party workers on a complaint of assault filed by Yavatmal Zilla Parishad Education and Helath Committee chairman Manmohansingh Chavan.
Chavan alleged that Sena workers dragged him out of his car at village Hivra Sangam, about 75 km from the city, last evening and thrashed him severely.
Yavatmal Superintendent of Police Ranjan Kumar Sharma said FIR was filed against Rathod and nine others under section 353 (assault) and other relevant charge under IPC.
No arrests have been made yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read