FIR registered in IndiGo bomb hoax call
Mumbai: An FIR was registered against an unidentified person for making a hoax call saying a bomb was planted on the Dubai-bound flight of IndiGo Airlines, police said on Saturday.
The flight 6E-61, which was scheduled to depart at 7 pm from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport yesterday, was delayed as security agencies carried out a thorough check of the passengers, their baggage and the aircraft after the IndiGo office received the call at around 6.10 pm.
The call proved to be a hoax and the flight was later cleared for take off by authorities.
"The FIR was registered against an unidentified person for triggering panic," said an officer at Sahar airport police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'