FIR registered in IndiGo bomb hoax call
Mumbai: An FIR was registered against an unidentified person for making a hoax call saying a bomb was planted on the Dubai-bound flight of IndiGo Airlines, police said on Saturday.
The flight 6E-61, which was scheduled to depart at 7 pm from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport yesterday, was delayed as security agencies carried out a thorough check of the passengers, their baggage and the aircraft after the IndiGo office received the call at around 6.10 pm.
The call proved to be a hoax and the flight was later cleared for take off by authorities.
"The FIR was registered against an unidentified person for triggering panic," said an officer at Sahar airport police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan