Fire at Andheri shopping mall, 12 rescued
Mumbai: A fire broke out on Thursday at a shopping
mall in suburban Andheri but there were no casualties as the
authorities rescued the 12 people trapped inside the building.
Fifteen fire engines and six water tankers were rushed to
Hira Panna mall in Oshiwara area and it took over six hours to
douse the flames, fire brigade officials said.
Although the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained,
firemen suspect an electric short-circuit could be behind it.
According to them, the fire broke out at the basement of
the shopping centre at around 4.00 am. Twelve people trapped
in the basement were rescued safely, they said.
"The safety measures in the mall such as sprinkler
system, wet riser system and the mechanical ventilation, which
keeps the smoke out, were non-functional," said Chief Fire
Officer Uday Tatkare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava