Fire at Andheri shopping mall, 12 rescued
Mumbai: A fire broke out on Thursday at a shopping
mall in suburban Andheri but there were no casualties as the
authorities rescued the 12 people trapped inside the building.
Fifteen fire engines and six water tankers were rushed to
Hira Panna mall in Oshiwara area and it took over six hours to
douse the flames, fire brigade officials said.
Although the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained,
firemen suspect an electric short-circuit could be behind it.
According to them, the fire broke out at the basement of
the shopping centre at around 4.00 am. Twelve people trapped
in the basement were rescued safely, they said.
"The safety measures in the mall such as sprinkler
system, wet riser system and the mechanical ventilation, which
keeps the smoke out, were non-functional," said Chief Fire
Officer Uday Tatkare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you