Fire at Andheri shopping mall, 12 rescued
Mumbai: A fire broke out on Thursday at a shopping
mall in suburban Andheri but there were no casualties as the
authorities rescued the 12 people trapped inside the building.
Fifteen fire engines and six water tankers were rushed to
Hira Panna mall in Oshiwara area and it took over six hours to
douse the flames, fire brigade officials said.
Although the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained,
firemen suspect an electric short-circuit could be behind it.
According to them, the fire broke out at the basement of
the shopping centre at around 4.00 am. Twelve people trapped
in the basement were rescued safely, they said.
"The safety measures in the mall such as sprinkler
system, wet riser system and the mechanical ventilation, which
keeps the smoke out, were non-functional," said Chief Fire
Officer Uday Tatkare.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know