Fire at building in South Mumbai
Mumbai: Fire broke out in a residential building at Cuffe Parade in south Mumbai early today, fire brigade officials said on Sunday.
No one was injured in the incident.
As many as 16 people were rescued after the blaze erupted on the 19th floor of the 26-storeyed Jolley Maker building in Cuffe Parade area at about 3.45 AM, they said.
At least nine fire tenders, two water tankers and two ambulances were rushed to the spot.
During the rescue operation, the people trapped on the 19th floor and above were rescued and the flames were doused by 9.15 AM, officials said.
The situation is under control and cooling operations are underway, they added.
Fire brigade officials suspect that short-circuit could have triggered the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind