Fire breaks out at merchant vessel off Mumbai coast
Mumbai: A fire broke out at merchant vessel MV Amsterdam Bridge off Mumbai coast this afternoon, Coast Guard officials said.
Officials suspect that fire erupted in the engine room of the vessel but said that they had no information about the extent of damage.
Two Coast Guard ships, ICGS Samudra Prahari and ICGS Subhadra Kumari Chouhan have been sent to the spot and were monitoring the situation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!
- Watch: This rare video of young Varun Dhawan will leave you astonished!