Fire destroys textile dying unit in Bhiwandi
Thane: A textile dying unit in powerloom town of Bhiwandi here was completely gutted in a major fire, police said on Tuesday.
The blaze occurred just before midnight in the Tapasya Dying Unit situated in Balaji compound, they said.
Firemen took more than eight hours to douse the flames after a dozen fire engines drawn from areas like Kalyan, Ambernath, Ulhasnagar and Thane rushed to the spot.
However, there were no casualties in the fire, Bhoiwada police said.
The cause of the fire is still not known and further investigation is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead