Fire destroys textile dying unit in Bhiwandi
Thane: A textile dying unit in powerloom town of Bhiwandi here was completely gutted in a major fire, police said on Tuesday.
The blaze occurred just before midnight in the Tapasya Dying Unit situated in Balaji compound, they said.
Firemen took more than eight hours to douse the flames after a dozen fire engines drawn from areas like Kalyan, Ambernath, Ulhasnagar and Thane rushed to the spot.
However, there were no casualties in the fire, Bhoiwada police said.
The cause of the fire is still not known and further investigation is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him