Fire engulfs building in Nashik, none hurt
Nashik: A major fire broke out in a three-storeyed building on Tigrania road in the city`s Dwarka area Thursday morning.
The blaze was noticed at around 8.50 am in an under construction building, housing decoration and tent material and quickly spread, Nashik chief fire officer Anil Mahajan said.
About 16 fire tenders were pressed into service that managed to douse the flames, he said.
No casualties were reported as the people inside the building rushed outside to safety as soon as the flames erupted, he said.
On the cause of the fire, Mahajan said it was yet to be ascertained, though the people inside the building told fire officials that they were cooking food when a synthetic material in the vicinity caught fire.
The structure was under construction and only a few slabs and columns had been laid, he said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees