Fire engulfs building in Nashik, none hurt
Nashik: A major fire broke out in a three-storeyed building on Tigrania road in the city`s Dwarka area Thursday morning.
The blaze was noticed at around 8.50 am in an under construction building, housing decoration and tent material and quickly spread, Nashik chief fire officer Anil Mahajan said.
About 16 fire tenders were pressed into service that managed to douse the flames, he said.
No casualties were reported as the people inside the building rushed outside to safety as soon as the flames erupted, he said.
On the cause of the fire, Mahajan said it was yet to be ascertained, though the people inside the building told fire officials that they were cooking food when a synthetic material in the vicinity caught fire.
The structure was under construction and only a few slabs and columns had been laid, he said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?