Fire engulfs building in Nashik, none hurt
Nashik: A major fire broke out in a three-storeyed building on Tigrania road in the city`s Dwarka area Thursday morning.
The blaze was noticed at around 8.50 am in an under construction building, housing decoration and tent material and quickly spread, Nashik chief fire officer Anil Mahajan said.
About 16 fire tenders were pressed into service that managed to douse the flames, he said.
No casualties were reported as the people inside the building rushed outside to safety as soon as the flames erupted, he said.
On the cause of the fire, Mahajan said it was yet to be ascertained, though the people inside the building told fire officials that they were cooking food when a synthetic material in the vicinity caught fire.
The structure was under construction and only a few slabs and columns had been laid, he said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!