Fire engulfs building in Nashik, none hurt
Nashik: A major fire broke out in a three-storeyed building on Tigrania road in the city`s Dwarka area Thursday morning.
The blaze was noticed at around 8.50 am in an under construction building, housing decoration and tent material and quickly spread, Nashik chief fire officer Anil Mahajan said.
About 16 fire tenders were pressed into service that managed to douse the flames, he said.
No casualties were reported as the people inside the building rushed outside to safety as soon as the flames erupted, he said.
On the cause of the fire, Mahajan said it was yet to be ascertained, though the people inside the building told fire officials that they were cooking food when a synthetic material in the vicinity caught fire.
The structure was under construction and only a few slabs and columns had been laid, he said.
Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch