Fire in Nagpur nursing home
Nagpur: Fire broke out on Monday at a private
nursing home here prompting authorities to shift patients to
nearby hospitals and government medical college, police said.
The mishap took place in the afternoon in the general
ward, where 20 patients were admitted following which the ward
was immediately evacuated by the staff, they said.
Fire tenders were rushed to the hospital in the posh
Ramdaspeth area and patients were shifted to other hospitals
in the locality.
However, there were no casualties in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained but
initial reports said it could be a short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC