Fire in Nagpur nursing home
Nagpur: Fire broke out on Monday at a private
nursing home here prompting authorities to shift patients to
nearby hospitals and government medical college, police said.
The mishap took place in the afternoon in the general
ward, where 20 patients were admitted following which the ward
was immediately evacuated by the staff, they said.
Fire tenders were rushed to the hospital in the posh
Ramdaspeth area and patients were shifted to other hospitals
in the locality.
However, there were no casualties in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained but
initial reports said it could be a short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors