Fire in Nagpur nursing home
Nagpur: Fire broke out on Monday at a private
nursing home here prompting authorities to shift patients to
nearby hospitals and government medical college, police said.
The mishap took place in the afternoon in the general
ward, where 20 patients were admitted following which the ward
was immediately evacuated by the staff, they said.
Fire tenders were rushed to the hospital in the posh
Ramdaspeth area and patients were shifted to other hospitals
in the locality.
However, there were no casualties in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained but
initial reports said it could be a short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'