Fire inside WCL coal mine in Ballarpur, Maharashtra
Chandrapur (Maharashtra): A massive fire has started in one of the mine blocks of Ballarpur Collieries of WCL in WCL-Ballarpur area of Chandrapur district, company sources said on Thursday.
The fire was first noticed on Tuesday, and after failing to control it, Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL) management today decided to seal off the underground mine block to cut off air supply to the flames.
WCL sources said that "a massive part of coal segment" was burning in pits 3 and 4 of the mine.
`Roof fall` was seen in this part two months ago and miners had complained of rising heat around it while the fallen debris was yet to be removed, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what