Fire on derelict cargo vessel off Mumbai coast
Mumbai: A fire broke out on the derelict cargo vessel `MV Mol Comfort` this morning about 310 nautical miles west of Mumbai while it was being towed by tugs, Coast Guard officials said.
The Indian Coast Guard ship Samudra Prahari, which was on patrol, was diverted for assistance and the situation is under control now, the officials added.
The fire broke out on the same ill-fated ship, which had split into two around 840 nautical miles off the coast on June 17 even as all its crew members had been rescued, Coast Guard officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'