Fire on Maha Police`s speed boat, two workers injured
Mumbai: A speed boat of Maharashtra Police today caught fire after an explosion while its engine was being cleaned by two maintenance workers at a creek in Belapur in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.
The two workers sustained burn injuries and were rushed to nearby hospital, according to NRI Coastal police.
The double engine boat`s fuel tank was being cleaned by maintenance workers -- Dibutarene Sahu and Kuldeep Mangde -- at around 12.30 PM when it suddenly exploded and caught fire at Ulva Reti bunder in Belapur, they said.
The cause of the sudden explosion was yet to be ascertained, police said, adding that the boat was used for patrolling the western coastline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said