Fire on Maha Police`s speed boat, two workers injured
Mumbai: A speed boat of Maharashtra Police today caught fire after an explosion while its engine was being cleaned by two maintenance workers at a creek in Belapur in neighbouring Navi Mumbai, police said.
The two workers sustained burn injuries and were rushed to nearby hospital, according to NRI Coastal police.
The double engine boat`s fuel tank was being cleaned by maintenance workers -- Dibutarene Sahu and Kuldeep Mangde -- at around 12.30 PM when it suddenly exploded and caught fire at Ulva Reti bunder in Belapur, they said.
The cause of the sudden explosion was yet to be ascertained, police said, adding that the boat was used for patrolling the western coastline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?