Fire under control in Mumbai`s Bandra-Kurla complex
Mumbai: A fire broke out on the 12th floor of the FIFC building in Bandra Kurla Complex of suburban Mumbai Friday morning.
Ten labourers, who were trapped in the under-construction building, were rescued and the fire was brought under control after two hours.
"10-12 labourers were working on the interior decoration of the building, which is not operational," senior police inspector Chandrakant Bhosle told reporters.
As many as 16 aerial ladder platforms (ALP) were pressed into service which managed to douse the flames with the help of six fire tenders and as many water tankers, fire officials said.
The fire broke out at around 10.45 am on the 12th floor of the First International Financial Centre (FIFC) high rise building and spread to the 13th floor, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users