Fire under control in Mumbai`s Bandra-Kurla complex
Mumbai: A fire broke out on the 12th floor of the FIFC building in Bandra Kurla Complex of suburban Mumbai Friday morning.
Ten labourers, who were trapped in the under-construction building, were rescued and the fire was brought under control after two hours.
"10-12 labourers were working on the interior decoration of the building, which is not operational," senior police inspector Chandrakant Bhosle told reporters.
As many as 16 aerial ladder platforms (ALP) were pressed into service which managed to douse the flames with the help of six fire tenders and as many water tankers, fire officials said.
The fire broke out at around 10.45 am on the 12th floor of the First International Financial Centre (FIFC) high rise building and spread to the 13th floor, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery