Fire under control in Mumbai`s Bandra-Kurla complex
Mumbai: A fire broke out on the 12th floor of the FIFC building in Bandra Kurla Complex of suburban Mumbai Friday morning.
Ten labourers, who were trapped in the under-construction building, were rescued and the fire was brought under control after two hours.
"10-12 labourers were working on the interior decoration of the building, which is not operational," senior police inspector Chandrakant Bhosle told reporters.
As many as 16 aerial ladder platforms (ALP) were pressed into service which managed to douse the flames with the help of six fire tenders and as many water tankers, fire officials said.
The fire broke out at around 10.45 am on the 12th floor of the First International Financial Centre (FIFC) high rise building and spread to the 13th floor, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors