Fire under control in Mumbai`s Bandra-Kurla complex
Mumbai: A fire broke out on the 12th floor of the FIFC building in Bandra Kurla Complex of suburban Mumbai Friday morning.
Ten labourers, who were trapped in the under-construction building, were rescued and the fire was brought under control after two hours.
"10-12 labourers were working on the interior decoration of the building, which is not operational," senior police inspector Chandrakant Bhosle told reporters.
As many as 16 aerial ladder platforms (ALP) were pressed into service which managed to douse the flames with the help of six fire tenders and as many water tankers, fire officials said.
The fire broke out at around 10.45 am on the 12th floor of the First International Financial Centre (FIFC) high rise building and spread to the 13th floor, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali