Firecrackers burst in Hazare`s village after end of fast
Mumbai: Anna Hazare`s native village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra`s Ahmednagar district on Friday celebrated the end of Team Anna`s fast in Delhi by bursting firecrackers and taking out a procession.
"The villagers burst firecrackers to welcome ending of the fast," Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told PTI over phone from the village.
The village folks also took out a procession and gathered at the local deity Yadavbaba temple, Awari said.
Over a thousand villagers, including women and children danced to celebrate the occasion, he said.
Asked when was Hazare expected to return to Ralegan Siddhi, Aware said he did not have the information.
The village sarpanch Jaisinh Mapari had left for Delhi along with some other villagers yesterday to meet the social activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed