Firecrackers burst in Hazare`s village after end of fast
Mumbai: Anna Hazare`s native village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra`s Ahmednagar district on Friday celebrated the end of Team Anna`s fast in Delhi by bursting firecrackers and taking out a procession.
"The villagers burst firecrackers to welcome ending of the fast," Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told PTI over phone from the village.
The village folks also took out a procession and gathered at the local deity Yadavbaba temple, Awari said.
Over a thousand villagers, including women and children danced to celebrate the occasion, he said.
Asked when was Hazare expected to return to Ralegan Siddhi, Aware said he did not have the information.
The village sarpanch Jaisinh Mapari had left for Delhi along with some other villagers yesterday to meet the social activist.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!