Firecrackers burst in Hazare`s village after end of fast
Mumbai: Anna Hazare`s native village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra`s Ahmednagar district on Friday celebrated the end of Team Anna`s fast in Delhi by bursting firecrackers and taking out a procession.
"The villagers burst firecrackers to welcome ending of the fast," Hazare`s aide Datta Awari told PTI over phone from the village.
The village folks also took out a procession and gathered at the local deity Yadavbaba temple, Awari said.
Over a thousand villagers, including women and children danced to celebrate the occasion, he said.
Asked when was Hazare expected to return to Ralegan Siddhi, Aware said he did not have the information.
The village sarpanch Jaisinh Mapari had left for Delhi along with some other villagers yesterday to meet the social activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends