Fireman injured in Nashik blaze
Nashik: A fireman was seriously injured while trying to control the blaze that erupted in a showroom at the College Road area, fire brigade officials said Monday.
The fire occurred at a shoe showroom late last night and fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot which managed to control the flames by 1 AM, they said.
However, fireman Dinesh Lasure (38) was seriously injured after being hit by a piece of glass at the showroom. He has been admitted to a hospital.
Fire officials said the blaze was possibly caused by a short-circuit, though further investigation was on.
Nashik Mayor Yatin Wagh and senior police officials also visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal