Fireman injured in Nashik blaze
Nashik: A fireman was seriously injured while trying to control the blaze that erupted in a showroom at the College Road area, fire brigade officials said Monday.
The fire occurred at a shoe showroom late last night and fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot which managed to control the flames by 1 AM, they said.
However, fireman Dinesh Lasure (38) was seriously injured after being hit by a piece of glass at the showroom. He has been admitted to a hospital.
Fire officials said the blaze was possibly caused by a short-circuit, though further investigation was on.
Nashik Mayor Yatin Wagh and senior police officials also visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!