Firing between CRPF and naxals on in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: An exchange of firing has been going on between CRPF jawans and Maoists in the Kaneri forest near Pendhri in Dhanora taluka of the district since early morning Friday, police said.
The firing between the two sides began at around 7.30 AM today and was still continuing, police said.
Acting on a tip-off regarding the naxal hideout in the forest area, the CRPF 192 batallian jawans rushed to the site.
On seeing the forces, the ultras started firing at them and in retaliation police also opened fire.
Further details were awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack