Firing between CRPF and naxals on in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: An exchange of firing has been going on between CRPF jawans and Maoists in the Kaneri forest near Pendhri in Dhanora taluka of the district since early morning Friday, police said.
The firing between the two sides began at around 7.30 AM today and was still continuing, police said.
Acting on a tip-off regarding the naxal hideout in the forest area, the CRPF 192 batallian jawans rushed to the site.
On seeing the forces, the ultras started firing at them and in retaliation police also opened fire.
Further details were awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan