Firing between CRPF and naxals on in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: An exchange of firing has been going on between CRPF jawans and Maoists in the Kaneri forest near Pendhri in Dhanora taluka of the district since early morning Friday, police said.
The firing between the two sides began at around 7.30 AM today and was still continuing, police said.
Acting on a tip-off regarding the naxal hideout in the forest area, the CRPF 192 batallian jawans rushed to the site.
On seeing the forces, the ultras started firing at them and in retaliation police also opened fire.
Further details were awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars