Firing between CRPF and naxals on in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: An exchange of firing has been going on between CRPF jawans and Maoists in the Kaneri forest near Pendhri in Dhanora taluka of the district since early morning Friday, police said.
The firing between the two sides began at around 7.30 AM today and was still continuing, police said.
Acting on a tip-off regarding the naxal hideout in the forest area, the CRPF 192 batallian jawans rushed to the site.
On seeing the forces, the ultras started firing at them and in retaliation police also opened fire.
Further details were awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video