First session of new Maharashtra Assembly from Nov 9: Chavan
Mumbai: The first session of the 12th Maharashtra Assembly will begin from November nine, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said on Saturday.
The session would be a three-day affair in which all 287 elected representatives of the 288-member Assembly would be administered oath and a new Speaker elected, Chavan told reporters at Mantralaya soon after a 38-member ministry led by him was sworn in at Raj Bhawan.
The Speaker will continue to be from NCP, Chavan said. "We will request Governor to appoint senior MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh as pro-tem Speaker," he said.
There will be a separate machinery to monitor decisions taken by the cabinet, Chavan said. The first meeting of the cabinet will be held at 11 am tomorrow, he said, adding portfolios of the new ministers would be decided by tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal