First session of new Maharashtra Assembly from Nov 9: Chavan
Mumbai: The first session of the 12th Maharashtra Assembly will begin from November nine, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said on Saturday.
The session would be a three-day affair in which all 287 elected representatives of the 288-member Assembly would be administered oath and a new Speaker elected, Chavan told reporters at Mantralaya soon after a 38-member ministry led by him was sworn in at Raj Bhawan.
The Speaker will continue to be from NCP, Chavan said. "We will request Governor to appoint senior MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh as pro-tem Speaker," he said.
There will be a separate machinery to monitor decisions taken by the cabinet, Chavan said. The first meeting of the cabinet will be held at 11 am tomorrow, he said, adding portfolios of the new ministers would be decided by tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India