First session of new Maharashtra Assembly from Nov 9: Chavan
Mumbai: The first session of the 12th Maharashtra Assembly will begin from November nine, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan said on Saturday.
The session would be a three-day affair in which all 287 elected representatives of the 288-member Assembly would be administered oath and a new Speaker elected, Chavan told reporters at Mantralaya soon after a 38-member ministry led by him was sworn in at Raj Bhawan.
The Speaker will continue to be from NCP, Chavan said. "We will request Governor to appoint senior MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh as pro-tem Speaker," he said.
There will be a separate machinery to monitor decisions taken by the cabinet, Chavan said. The first meeting of the cabinet will be held at 11 am tomorrow, he said, adding portfolios of the new ministers would be decided by tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!