Fitness test mandatory for driving license in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Maharashtra Transport Minister
Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil today said that fitness certificate
has been made mandatory for renewal of licenses or issuance of
new ones by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Mumbai.
Vikhe-Patil said the new rules have come into force since
He was responding to a calling attention notice by Madhu
Chavan (Congress) and others on the irregularities at the
RTO`s Tardeo office.
He said tenders for the fleet taxis would be issued next
Minister of state for Transport Gulabrao Deokar assured
that the government would inquire into complaints of bribe
being asked by RTO officials to issue licenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'