Fitness test mandatory for driving license in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Maharashtra Transport Minister
Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil today said that fitness certificate
has been made mandatory for renewal of licenses or issuance of
new ones by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Mumbai.
Vikhe-Patil said the new rules have come into force since
He was responding to a calling attention notice by Madhu
Chavan (Congress) and others on the irregularities at the
RTO`s Tardeo office.
He said tenders for the fleet taxis would be issued next
Minister of state for Transport Gulabrao Deokar assured
that the government would inquire into complaints of bribe
being asked by RTO officials to issue licenses.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times