Fitness test mandatory for driving license in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Maharashtra Transport Minister
Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil today said that fitness certificate
has been made mandatory for renewal of licenses or issuance of
new ones by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Mumbai.
Vikhe-Patil said the new rules have come into force since
He was responding to a calling attention notice by Madhu
Chavan (Congress) and others on the irregularities at the
RTO`s Tardeo office.
He said tenders for the fleet taxis would be issued next
Minister of state for Transport Gulabrao Deokar assured
that the government would inquire into complaints of bribe
being asked by RTO officials to issue licenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon