Fitness test mandatory for driving license in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Maharashtra Transport Minister
Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil today said that fitness certificate
has been made mandatory for renewal of licenses or issuance of
new ones by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Mumbai.
Vikhe-Patil said the new rules have come into force since
He was responding to a calling attention notice by Madhu
Chavan (Congress) and others on the irregularities at the
RTO`s Tardeo office.
He said tenders for the fleet taxis would be issued next
Minister of state for Transport Gulabrao Deokar assured
that the government would inquire into complaints of bribe
being asked by RTO officials to issue licenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar