Fitness test mandatory for driving license in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Maharashtra Transport Minister
Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil today said that fitness certificate
has been made mandatory for renewal of licenses or issuance of
new ones by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Mumbai.
Vikhe-Patil said the new rules have come into force since
He was responding to a calling attention notice by Madhu
Chavan (Congress) and others on the irregularities at the
RTO`s Tardeo office.
He said tenders for the fleet taxis would be issued next
Minister of state for Transport Gulabrao Deokar assured
that the government would inquire into complaints of bribe
being asked by RTO officials to issue licenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed