Five arrested for attack on Thane BJP chief
Thane: Thane police on Thursday arrested five persons in connection with the manhandling of Deputy Mayor and city BJP chief Milind Patankar and ransacking of his cabin at the municipal corporation building here earlier this week.
Jagdish Thorat and Satish Pawar (both from Shiv Sena) and Mukesh Shelar, Ramesh Babble and Omkar Naik (all BJP) were produced before the magistrate after the arrest, and were released on a bond of Rs 15,000 each.
They allegedly assaulted Patankar holding him responsible when another BJP corporator voted against Sena-BJP candidate in the election to chairmanship of civic transport committee.
The accused have been charged with unlawful assembly and damaging public property under Indian Penal Code.
Meanwhile, Patankar`s whereabouts are yet not known, though the family has not approached the police over the issue. Local activist Dayanand Nene said that he could speak to him on phone; and Patankar told him that he was safe.
However Nene alleged that Patankar might have been speaking under duress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!