Five arrested for kidnapping 10-yr-old boy in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were arrested for allegedly kidnapping a 10-year-old boy from an affluent family in Vile Parle east Friday afternoon and demanding a ransom of Rs one crore from his parents, police said.
Vile Parle police said the kidnapping took place at around 2:30 PM outside the victim`s residence at M Padma building, Paranjape scheme no 3 in Vile Parle East.
The victim was taken outside the building by the family`s house maid Seema Dhadvey (21).
From there, two accused pushed the boy into a car and drove away. Another accused tailed them on a bike, while Seema raised a false alarm screaming for help.
At first, Seema was not a suspect as she was looking after the boy since he was two-years-old.
Incidentally, three youngsters on bike chased the car, while her family members immediately contacted the police control room.
The lead provided by youngsters came handy, additional commissioner Vishwas Nangre-Patil said, adding that a ransom of Rs one crore was demanded.
The car was finally spotted on the Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) in Jogeshwari East during nakabandi.
The vehicle was stopped and the duo was arrested, but the boy could not be found as the accused had abandoned him sensing trouble.
The boy, who was abandoned at a place not far from home, somehow safely reached his residence.
The police interrogated the duo and arrested three others while one is wanted in this case.
The accused are identified as Satyajeet alias Robert Balkrishna (33) and Bhagesh Balan (29), Milind alias Laxman Chandrakant Waradkar (35), Rohit Divekar (21) and Seema.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan