Five arrested for kidnapping 10-yr-old boy in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were arrested for allegedly kidnapping a 10-year-old boy from an affluent family in Vile Parle east Friday afternoon and demanding a ransom of Rs one crore from his parents, police said.
Vile Parle police said the kidnapping took place at around 2:30 PM outside the victim`s residence at M Padma building, Paranjape scheme no 3 in Vile Parle East.
The victim was taken outside the building by the family`s house maid Seema Dhadvey (21).
From there, two accused pushed the boy into a car and drove away. Another accused tailed them on a bike, while Seema raised a false alarm screaming for help.
At first, Seema was not a suspect as she was looking after the boy since he was two-years-old.
Incidentally, three youngsters on bike chased the car, while her family members immediately contacted the police control room.
The lead provided by youngsters came handy, additional commissioner Vishwas Nangre-Patil said, adding that a ransom of Rs one crore was demanded.
The car was finally spotted on the Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) in Jogeshwari East during nakabandi.
The vehicle was stopped and the duo was arrested, but the boy could not be found as the accused had abandoned him sensing trouble.
The boy, who was abandoned at a place not far from home, somehow safely reached his residence.
The police interrogated the duo and arrested three others while one is wanted in this case.
The accused are identified as Satyajeet alias Robert Balkrishna (33) and Bhagesh Balan (29), Milind alias Laxman Chandrakant Waradkar (35), Rohit Divekar (21) and Seema.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview