Five booked for dowry harassment
Thane: Local police have booked five
persons, including husband of a 36-year-old woman on the
charges of dowry harassment and second marriage in violation
of the Hindu Marriage Act.
The victim Yogita Ashok Chavan, currently resident of
Vartak Nagar locality hailed from Kopargaon in Ahmednagar
district. She was harassed for dowry since 1999 by her
in-laws, said senior police inspector Ram Sawant of Vartak
Nagar police station.
Five persons, including her mother-in-law Subhada
Chavan, brother-in-law Subash Chavan, his wife Kavita,
sister-in-law Baby Gholap along with her husband Ashok Chavan
have been booked under different sections of the Indian Penal
Code, he said.
According to the FIR filed by the victim, her husband
even married another woman when she is alive thus violating
the Hindu Marriage Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?