Five children charred to death in Maharashtra
Thane: Five children were charred to death in Bhiwandi town of Thane district after their house caught fire, police said on Sunday.
"Five children were charred to death when a fire broke out at their home in the Shantinagar chawl. Their mother Sonkali Gupta, 40, is battling for life after she suffered severe burns," an official from Bhiwandi`s Shantinagar police station said.
"The father of these children, Mohanlal, came here this afternoon and registered a report. The fire broke out late Saturday," the official said adding that the cause of fire is still not known.
The children have been identified as Priya (12), Riya (10), Nitin (7), Preeti (5) and Nitesh, who was only seven months old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday