Five children charred to death in Maharashtra
Thane: Five children were charred to death in Bhiwandi town of Thane district after their house caught fire, police said on Sunday.
"Five children were charred to death when a fire broke out at their home in the Shantinagar chawl. Their mother Sonkali Gupta, 40, is battling for life after she suffered severe burns," an official from Bhiwandi`s Shantinagar police station said.
"The father of these children, Mohanlal, came here this afternoon and registered a report. The fire broke out late Saturday," the official said adding that the cause of fire is still not known.
The children have been identified as Priya (12), Riya (10), Nitin (7), Preeti (5) and Nitesh, who was only seven months old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?