Five children charred to death in Maharashtra
Thane: Five children were charred to death in Bhiwandi town of Thane district after their house caught fire, police said on Sunday.
"Five children were charred to death when a fire broke out at their home in the Shantinagar chawl. Their mother Sonkali Gupta, 40, is battling for life after she suffered severe burns," an official from Bhiwandi`s Shantinagar police station said.
"The father of these children, Mohanlal, came here this afternoon and registered a report. The fire broke out late Saturday," the official said adding that the cause of fire is still not known.
The children have been identified as Priya (12), Riya (10), Nitin (7), Preeti (5) and Nitesh, who was only seven months old.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal