Five dead as car falls into Maharashtra river
Mumbai: Five people were killed after their car fell into a river alongside the Mumbai-Pune highway near New Panvel, police said here on Sunday.
"We suspect the driver lost control, and the car fell into the river last night," a police officer said.
The bodies and the vehicle were recovered on Sunday morning, he added.
The deceased have been identified as Ramesh Pawar (35), Lakshman Mane (55), Arun Pawar (20), Amit Devkar (25) and Sachin Pawar (19), all residents of Sangli district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents