Five dead as car falls into Maharashtra river
Mumbai: Five people were killed after their car fell into a river alongside the Mumbai-Pune highway near New Panvel, police said here on Sunday.
"We suspect the driver lost control, and the car fell into the river last night," a police officer said.
The bodies and the vehicle were recovered on Sunday morning, he added.
The deceased have been identified as Ramesh Pawar (35), Lakshman Mane (55), Arun Pawar (20), Amit Devkar (25) and Sachin Pawar (19), all residents of Sangli district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund
- US-EU trade deal 'risks' emerge in leak