Five dead as car falls into Maharashtra river
Mumbai: Five people were killed after their car fell into a river alongside the Mumbai-Pune highway near New Panvel, police said here on Sunday.
"We suspect the driver lost control, and the car fell into the river last night," a police officer said.
The bodies and the vehicle were recovered on Sunday morning, he added.
The deceased have been identified as Ramesh Pawar (35), Lakshman Mane (55), Arun Pawar (20), Amit Devkar (25) and Sachin Pawar (19), all residents of Sangli district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'