Five injured in concrete slab collapse near Thane
Thane: Five persons were injured after a concrete slab of their building at Kalwa near here fell on them, police said on Thursday.
The ceiling of the second floor flat of the four-storey Veerati Building came crashing down on the residents living on the first floor last afternoon, they said.
Police said the 25-year-old structure was evacuated following the incident and as one of the concrete columns supporting it also developed cracks.
The injured have been identified as Ruksana Khan (32), Maya Rebari (2), Kunku Rebari (23), Shanta Rebari (21) and Saybi Rebari (47).
"Saybi and his family was taking a nap in the afternoon when the incident took place," said a family member.
The other 12 families who have been evacuated have been shifted to MMRDA`s rental housing scheme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?