Five injured in concrete slab collapse near Thane
Thane: Five persons were injured after a concrete slab of their building at Kalwa near here fell on them, police said on Thursday.
The ceiling of the second floor flat of the four-storey Veerati Building came crashing down on the residents living on the first floor last afternoon, they said.
Police said the 25-year-old structure was evacuated following the incident and as one of the concrete columns supporting it also developed cracks.
The injured have been identified as Ruksana Khan (32), Maya Rebari (2), Kunku Rebari (23), Shanta Rebari (21) and Saybi Rebari (47).
"Saybi and his family was taking a nap in the afternoon when the incident took place," said a family member.
The other 12 families who have been evacuated have been shifted to MMRDA`s rental housing scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital