Five injured in concrete slab collapse near Thane
Thane: Five persons were injured after a concrete slab of their building at Kalwa near here fell on them, police said on Thursday.
The ceiling of the second floor flat of the four-storey Veerati Building came crashing down on the residents living on the first floor last afternoon, they said.
Police said the 25-year-old structure was evacuated following the incident and as one of the concrete columns supporting it also developed cracks.
The injured have been identified as Ruksana Khan (32), Maya Rebari (2), Kunku Rebari (23), Shanta Rebari (21) and Saybi Rebari (47).
"Saybi and his family was taking a nap in the afternoon when the incident took place," said a family member.
The other 12 families who have been evacuated have been shifted to MMRDA`s rental housing scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM