Five killed after bamboo warehouse catches fire in Pune
Pune: Five members of a family, including a
one-year-old toddler, were burnt alive after a bamboo
warehouse caught fire in Ganesh Peth area here, a fire officer
said on Friday.
"A bamboo warehouse caught fire and spread quickly to
other shops in Ganesh Peth area late last night," chief fire
brigade officer Pramod Ranpise said.
Sanjay Ghorpade (45), Archana Ghorpade (38), Mahesh
Ghorpade (40), Surekha Ghorpade (30) and Shravni Ghorpade (1)
were killed in the incident, he said, adding that a
two-year-old girl, Rutika Ghorpade, was rescued and
The fire was brought under control by 4 AM this morning,
Ranpise said, adding that investigations are on to find the
exact cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says