Five killed after bamboo warehouse catches fire in Pune
Pune: Five members of a family, including a
one-year-old toddler, were burnt alive after a bamboo
warehouse caught fire in Ganesh Peth area here, a fire officer
said on Friday.
"A bamboo warehouse caught fire and spread quickly to
other shops in Ganesh Peth area late last night," chief fire
brigade officer Pramod Ranpise said.
Sanjay Ghorpade (45), Archana Ghorpade (38), Mahesh
Ghorpade (40), Surekha Ghorpade (30) and Shravni Ghorpade (1)
were killed in the incident, he said, adding that a
two-year-old girl, Rutika Ghorpade, was rescued and
The fire was brought under control by 4 AM this morning,
Ranpise said, adding that investigations are on to find the
exact cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority