Five killed after bamboo warehouse catches fire in Pune
Pune: Five members of a family, including a
one-year-old toddler, were burnt alive after a bamboo
warehouse caught fire in Ganesh Peth area here, a fire officer
said on Friday.
"A bamboo warehouse caught fire and spread quickly to
other shops in Ganesh Peth area late last night," chief fire
brigade officer Pramod Ranpise said.
Sanjay Ghorpade (45), Archana Ghorpade (38), Mahesh
Ghorpade (40), Surekha Ghorpade (30) and Shravni Ghorpade (1)
were killed in the incident, he said, adding that a
two-year-old girl, Rutika Ghorpade, was rescued and
The fire was brought under control by 4 AM this morning,
Ranpise said, adding that investigations are on to find the
exact cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III