Five killed as two car rams on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
Pune: Five persons were killed and two others injured in a head-on collision between two cars on Mumbai-Pune Expressway this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the Pune-bound car lost control and rammed and broke the road divider before hitting the other vehicle coming from the opposite direction killing five persons on the spot, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital at Nigdi near here.
The accident took place near Kamshet, near the same spot where Marathi film and television actors Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse were killed in a similar collision last month.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil had recently expressed concern over the rising number of fatal accidents on the busy Expressway, stressing the need to step up safety measures including an increase in the height of road dividers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'