Five killed as two car rams on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
Pune: Five persons were killed and two others injured in a head-on collision between two cars on Mumbai-Pune Expressway this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the Pune-bound car lost control and rammed and broke the road divider before hitting the other vehicle coming from the opposite direction killing five persons on the spot, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital at Nigdi near here.
The accident took place near Kamshet, near the same spot where Marathi film and television actors Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse were killed in a similar collision last month.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil had recently expressed concern over the rising number of fatal accidents on the busy Expressway, stressing the need to step up safety measures including an increase in the height of road dividers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report