Five killed as two car rams on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
Pune: Five persons were killed and two others injured in a head-on collision between two cars on Mumbai-Pune Expressway this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the Pune-bound car lost control and rammed and broke the road divider before hitting the other vehicle coming from the opposite direction killing five persons on the spot, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital at Nigdi near here.
The accident took place near Kamshet, near the same spot where Marathi film and television actors Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse were killed in a similar collision last month.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil had recently expressed concern over the rising number of fatal accidents on the busy Expressway, stressing the need to step up safety measures including an increase in the height of road dividers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how