Five killed as two car rams on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
Pune: Five persons were killed and two others injured in a head-on collision between two cars on Mumbai-Pune Expressway this morning, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the Pune-bound car lost control and rammed and broke the road divider before hitting the other vehicle coming from the opposite direction killing five persons on the spot, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital at Nigdi near here.
The accident took place near Kamshet, near the same spot where Marathi film and television actors Anand Abhyankar and Akshay Pendse were killed in a similar collision last month.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil had recently expressed concern over the rising number of fatal accidents on the busy Expressway, stressing the need to step up safety measures including an increase in the height of road dividers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!