Five killed in building collapse in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were killed and six others injured when a four-storey building collapsed this morning in suburban Dahisar in Munbai, police said.
The building, located in market area of Dahisar (East), was vacated two years ago by BMC officials but local vegetable vendors used to take night shelter in the structure sometimes.
The building, which was constructed more than 30 years ago could not get into re-development as the conveyance deed was not done by the builder, flat owners told local MP Sanjay Nirupam, who visited the spot after the mishap.
Nirupam assured the flat owners that he would get the deemed conveyance of the building done. The six injured have been admitted to Bhagwati hospital for treatment, police added.
Yesterday, a building had collapsed in Thane`s Mumbra area killing at least 10 people, including six children, and injuring 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi