Five killed in building collapse in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were killed and six others injured when a four-storey building collapsed this morning in suburban Dahisar in Munbai, police said.
The building, located in market area of Dahisar (East), was vacated two years ago by BMC officials but local vegetable vendors used to take night shelter in the structure sometimes.
The building, which was constructed more than 30 years ago could not get into re-development as the conveyance deed was not done by the builder, flat owners told local MP Sanjay Nirupam, who visited the spot after the mishap.
Nirupam assured the flat owners that he would get the deemed conveyance of the building done. The six injured have been admitted to Bhagwati hospital for treatment, police added.
Yesterday, a building had collapsed in Thane`s Mumbra area killing at least 10 people, including six children, and injuring 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie