Five killed in building collapse in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were killed and six others injured when a four-storey building collapsed this morning in suburban Dahisar in Munbai, police said.
The building, located in market area of Dahisar (East), was vacated two years ago by BMC officials but local vegetable vendors used to take night shelter in the structure sometimes.
The building, which was constructed more than 30 years ago could not get into re-development as the conveyance deed was not done by the builder, flat owners told local MP Sanjay Nirupam, who visited the spot after the mishap.
Nirupam assured the flat owners that he would get the deemed conveyance of the building done. The six injured have been admitted to Bhagwati hospital for treatment, police added.
Yesterday, a building had collapsed in Thane`s Mumbra area killing at least 10 people, including six children, and injuring 14.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!