Five killed in building collapse in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five persons were killed and six others injured when a four-storey building collapsed this morning in suburban Dahisar in Munbai, police said.
The building, located in market area of Dahisar (East), was vacated two years ago by BMC officials but local vegetable vendors used to take night shelter in the structure sometimes.
The building, which was constructed more than 30 years ago could not get into re-development as the conveyance deed was not done by the builder, flat owners told local MP Sanjay Nirupam, who visited the spot after the mishap.
Nirupam assured the flat owners that he would get the deemed conveyance of the building done. The six injured have been admitted to Bhagwati hospital for treatment, police added.
Yesterday, a building had collapsed in Thane`s Mumbra area killing at least 10 people, including six children, and injuring 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi