Five lawyers sworn-in as HC judges
Mumbai: Five lawyers were on Monday sworn-in as additional judges of the Bombay High Court.
Lawyers Vinay Manohar Deshpande, Ajey Gadkari, Nitin Sambre, Girish Kulkarni and B S Colabawalla were sworn-in today morning in the presence of Bombay High Court Chief Justice Mohit Shah and other judges.
With these appointments, the number of High Court judges has gone up to 65.
The notification appointing the five lawyers as additional judges of the High Court was issued by the Union Ministry of Law and Justice on January 2.
All the five judges commenced work today with them being assigned to division benches along side a senior judge.
The judges later had a meeting with lawyers during lunch session.
While Justice Kulkarni was assigned to a division bench hearing civil matters, Justice Gadkari was assigned to a bench along side Justice P V Hardas hearing criminal matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead