Five more arrested in Beed abortion case
Beed: Five more persons have been arrested in connection with the death of a 30-year-old woman during an abortion at a hospital run here by doctor couple Dr Sudam Munde and wife Dr Saraswati.
The five -- Datta Kalyan Kakde, Noorjahan Sayyad Anwar, Sugrami Shaikh Rahim, Gangadhar Gutte and Aangad Kendre -- were held yesterday for assisting the doctor duo in the heinous crime, police said today.
The `absconding` couple who surrendered before the police Sunday have been remanded to police custody till June 30 by a local court. Both were booked after a sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar who was in her second trimester died allegedly following abortion at their hospital on May 18.
Earlier, on May 19, the couple had secured bail from Parli court and went into hiding from May 23. On June 3, the court had declared the couple as "absconding".
Kakde, a resident of Murshadpur village of Ashti tehsil was apprehended after the couple used his jeep to go into hiding with the help of driver Parmeshwar Ankushe and Sanjay Soni, the owner of the medical store at Munde hospital.
Both Ankushe and Soni are on the run and searches have been launched to nab them, police said.
While arrested accused Gutte, helped the Mundes to take pregnant women for sonography to a Jalgaon hospital (run by arrested accused Dr. Rahul Kolhe) for sonography in his Tata vehicle, the other two --Anwar and Rahim-- have been accused of assisting the doctor couple for disposal of female foetuses following abortions at the Munde hospital, they said.
Earlier this week, two sonography machines were seized by Parli police from Kolhe`s clinic, police added.
All the arrested five will be produced in court later in the day.
In all, nine persons including Dr Kolhe and Munde hospital compounder Anil Munde have been arrested in the case so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25