Five Navy men held for molesting woman in Mumbai
Mumbai: Five Indian Navy men have been arrested for allegedly molesting a young female banker before attacking her husband in a pub in suburban Khar here, police said on Monday.
The five accused, arrested from suburban Borivali in the early hours yesterday, were identified as Maheshwar Mahendra Singh (26), Ashish Jaikishan (29) Tirthnath Dilpanath (25) Sham Bhandare (29) and Chandan Mishra (26).
All of them are class IV personnel with the Indian Navy, posted at the electronics department of the Naval Dockyard, Khar police said.
The accused were booked for unlawful assembly, rioting, molestation and wrongful constraint. They were produced before a holiday court and remanded in police custody till April 29, police said.
According to police, one of the culprits had made lewd remarks at the woman because of which a heated argument ensued between the group and her husband.
The accused punched the victim`s husband and molested her when the bouncers at the pub intervened and threw the group out of the pub.
The fuming men waited outside until the pub shut down and began chasing the victim while she was travelling in an autorickshaw towards Borivali. The rattled victim then dialled Mumbai police helpline number.
The police directed the victim to tell the autorickshaw driver to take the vehicle towards Kasturba Marg police station and accordingly, a trap was laid and the accused were intercepted under the Borivali flyover, police said.
They were taken into custody and the victim`s statement was recorded. As the pub falls under the jurisdiction of Khar police station, the FIR was transferred to Khar by the Kasturba Marg police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly