Five NCP activists arrested for vandalising Jalna toll booth
Jalna: Jalna District Police arrested five Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activists three days after a party corporator and his supporters vandalized the toll plaza located near Ram Nagar.
The incident took place on Wednesday afternoon when NCP councillor Noor Khan was crossing the toll in Jalna and allegedly got into an argument with the toll plaza assistants over change of Rs 5.
A fight ensued and Khan came back with his supporters and went on a brutal rampage, damaging property worth lakhs, which was caught on CCTV camera.
The police said dozens of supporters of Khan were called from the nearby places and they damaged toll booth cabins and computers with sticks. According to reports, Noor Khan is absconding.
Both parties have filed counter complaints and FIRs against each other. Further investigation into this case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note