Five NCP activists arrested for vandalising Jalna toll booth
Jalna: Jalna District Police arrested five Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activists three days after a party corporator and his supporters vandalized the toll plaza located near Ram Nagar.
The incident took place on Wednesday afternoon when NCP councillor Noor Khan was crossing the toll in Jalna and allegedly got into an argument with the toll plaza assistants over change of Rs 5.
A fight ensued and Khan came back with his supporters and went on a brutal rampage, damaging property worth lakhs, which was caught on CCTV camera.
The police said dozens of supporters of Khan were called from the nearby places and they damaged toll booth cabins and computers with sticks. According to reports, Noor Khan is absconding.
Both parties have filed counter complaints and FIRs against each other. Further investigation into this case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred