Five of marriage party killed in Bhandara accident
Bhandara: Five people of a marriage party, including a seven-year-old boy, were killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle carrying more than 20 passengers, police said here Wednesday.
"The accident took place late last (Tuesday) night near Tumsar village. Five people, including the driver, were killed and 16 injured in the accident," an official from Tumsar Police Station said.
The marriage party, all residents of Madhya Pradesh, was returning after a wedding ceremony in Maharashtra.
Those killed have been identified as Kamla Jode, 50, Asha Jode, 30, Vikas Jode, 7, driver Vijay Jain, 33, and an unidentified woman aged 55.
The accident site is around 45 km from the district headquarters of Bhandara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog