Five of marriage party killed in Bhandara accident
Bhandara: Five people of a marriage party, including a seven-year-old boy, were killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle carrying more than 20 passengers, police said here Wednesday.
"The accident took place late last (Tuesday) night near Tumsar village. Five people, including the driver, were killed and 16 injured in the accident," an official from Tumsar Police Station said.
The marriage party, all residents of Madhya Pradesh, was returning after a wedding ceremony in Maharashtra.
Those killed have been identified as Kamla Jode, 50, Asha Jode, 30, Vikas Jode, 7, driver Vijay Jain, 33, and an unidentified woman aged 55.
The accident site is around 45 km from the district headquarters of Bhandara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him