Five of marriage party killed in Bhandara accident
Bhandara: Five people of a marriage party, including a seven-year-old boy, were killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle carrying more than 20 passengers, police said here Wednesday.
"The accident took place late last (Tuesday) night near Tumsar village. Five people, including the driver, were killed and 16 injured in the accident," an official from Tumsar Police Station said.
The marriage party, all residents of Madhya Pradesh, was returning after a wedding ceremony in Maharashtra.
Those killed have been identified as Kamla Jode, 50, Asha Jode, 30, Vikas Jode, 7, driver Vijay Jain, 33, and an unidentified woman aged 55.
The accident site is around 45 km from the district headquarters of Bhandara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'