Five of marriage party killed in Bhandara accident
Bhandara: Five people of a marriage party, including a seven-year-old boy, were killed when a truck rammed into their vehicle carrying more than 20 passengers, police said here Wednesday.
"The accident took place late last (Tuesday) night near Tumsar village. Five people, including the driver, were killed and 16 injured in the accident," an official from Tumsar Police Station said.
The marriage party, all residents of Madhya Pradesh, was returning after a wedding ceremony in Maharashtra.
Those killed have been identified as Kamla Jode, 50, Asha Jode, 30, Vikas Jode, 7, driver Vijay Jain, 33, and an unidentified woman aged 55.
The accident site is around 45 km from the district headquarters of Bhandara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price