Five policemen injured as SUV hits police van
Mumbai: Five policemen were injured on Saturday after a stationary police van was hit by a speeding SUV in suburban Powai.
The accident occurred when Assistant Police Sub Inspector Kalyan Mandalik (55), Constables Sridhar Sawakande (45), B D Dhagde (44), Tukaram Yadav (44) and Sudhir Pandit (45) were inspecting a site on the road where a mixture-truck had overturned.
While the policemen were getting into the van to update the control room about the truck accident (in which there were no casualties), the Tata Sumo driven by Sagar Gaikwad (27) rammed into the van.
Mandalik and Sawakande were given first-aid for minor injuries, while the other three were shifted to a private hospital from the civic-run Rajawadi hospital, police said.
The driver`s blood samples had been sent to laboratory to check if he was under the influence of alcohol, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes