Five policemen injured as SUV hits police van
Mumbai: Five policemen were injured on Saturday after a stationary police van was hit by a speeding SUV in suburban Powai.
The accident occurred when Assistant Police Sub Inspector Kalyan Mandalik (55), Constables Sridhar Sawakande (45), B D Dhagde (44), Tukaram Yadav (44) and Sudhir Pandit (45) were inspecting a site on the road where a mixture-truck had overturned.
While the policemen were getting into the van to update the control room about the truck accident (in which there were no casualties), the Tata Sumo driven by Sagar Gaikwad (27) rammed into the van.
Mandalik and Sawakande were given first-aid for minor injuries, while the other three were shifted to a private hospital from the civic-run Rajawadi hospital, police said.
The driver`s blood samples had been sent to laboratory to check if he was under the influence of alcohol, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan