Five policemen injured as SUV hits police van
Mumbai: Five policemen were injured on Saturday after a stationary police van was hit by a speeding SUV in suburban Powai.
The accident occurred when Assistant Police Sub Inspector Kalyan Mandalik (55), Constables Sridhar Sawakande (45), B D Dhagde (44), Tukaram Yadav (44) and Sudhir Pandit (45) were inspecting a site on the road where a mixture-truck had overturned.
While the policemen were getting into the van to update the control room about the truck accident (in which there were no casualties), the Tata Sumo driven by Sagar Gaikwad (27) rammed into the van.
Mandalik and Sawakande were given first-aid for minor injuries, while the other three were shifted to a private hospital from the civic-run Rajawadi hospital, police said.
The driver`s blood samples had been sent to laboratory to check if he was under the influence of alcohol, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- North Korea rolls out on-demand TV service
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh