Five robbers held, pistols cartridges seized
Nashik: Five miscreants were arrested for allegedly robbing travellers and two country made pistols, live cartridges and 110 gm gold were recovered from their possession, police here said.
Considering growing incidents of travellers being robbed in Nashik, special squads were made to nab the miscreants and five members of a gang involved in such incidents were arrested here on Monday night, district superintendent of police (rural) Praveen Padval said.
On September 15, a Belgaum-based family was allegedly robbed of their cash and valuables worth Rs 6.33 lakhs by miscreants at gun point on Sinnar-Shirdi road, while they were going to Shani-Shingnapur from Trimbakeshwar in their car.
Meanwhile, city police also arrested a 55-year-old man, Dillushaikh Mohammed Shaikh alias Mama, from Nashik Road and recovered a pistol, two live cartridges and sharp weapons from him yesterday.
Shaikh was arrested while he was trying to sell the fire arm to a person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre