Five robbers held, pistols cartridges seized
Nashik: Five miscreants were arrested for allegedly robbing travellers and two country made pistols, live cartridges and 110 gm gold were recovered from their possession, police here said.
Considering growing incidents of travellers being robbed in Nashik, special squads were made to nab the miscreants and five members of a gang involved in such incidents were arrested here on Monday night, district superintendent of police (rural) Praveen Padval said.
On September 15, a Belgaum-based family was allegedly robbed of their cash and valuables worth Rs 6.33 lakhs by miscreants at gun point on Sinnar-Shirdi road, while they were going to Shani-Shingnapur from Trimbakeshwar in their car.
Meanwhile, city police also arrested a 55-year-old man, Dillushaikh Mohammed Shaikh alias Mama, from Nashik Road and recovered a pistol, two live cartridges and sharp weapons from him yesterday.
Shaikh was arrested while he was trying to sell the fire arm to a person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB