Five robbers held, pistols cartridges seized
Nashik: Five miscreants were arrested for allegedly robbing travellers and two country made pistols, live cartridges and 110 gm gold were recovered from their possession, police here said.
Considering growing incidents of travellers being robbed in Nashik, special squads were made to nab the miscreants and five members of a gang involved in such incidents were arrested here on Monday night, district superintendent of police (rural) Praveen Padval said.
On September 15, a Belgaum-based family was allegedly robbed of their cash and valuables worth Rs 6.33 lakhs by miscreants at gun point on Sinnar-Shirdi road, while they were going to Shani-Shingnapur from Trimbakeshwar in their car.
Meanwhile, city police also arrested a 55-year-old man, Dillushaikh Mohammed Shaikh alias Mama, from Nashik Road and recovered a pistol, two live cartridges and sharp weapons from him yesterday.
Shaikh was arrested while he was trying to sell the fire arm to a person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured