Five robbers held, pistols cartridges seized
Nashik: Five miscreants were arrested for allegedly robbing travellers and two country made pistols, live cartridges and 110 gm gold were recovered from their possession, police here said.
Considering growing incidents of travellers being robbed in Nashik, special squads were made to nab the miscreants and five members of a gang involved in such incidents were arrested here on Monday night, district superintendent of police (rural) Praveen Padval said.
On September 15, a Belgaum-based family was allegedly robbed of their cash and valuables worth Rs 6.33 lakhs by miscreants at gun point on Sinnar-Shirdi road, while they were going to Shani-Shingnapur from Trimbakeshwar in their car.
Meanwhile, city police also arrested a 55-year-old man, Dillushaikh Mohammed Shaikh alias Mama, from Nashik Road and recovered a pistol, two live cartridges and sharp weapons from him yesterday.
Shaikh was arrested while he was trying to sell the fire arm to a person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city