Five robbers held, pistols cartridges seized
Nashik: Five miscreants were arrested for allegedly robbing travellers and two country made pistols, live cartridges and 110 gm gold were recovered from their possession, police here said.
Considering growing incidents of travellers being robbed in Nashik, special squads were made to nab the miscreants and five members of a gang involved in such incidents were arrested here on Monday night, district superintendent of police (rural) Praveen Padval said.
On September 15, a Belgaum-based family was allegedly robbed of their cash and valuables worth Rs 6.33 lakhs by miscreants at gun point on Sinnar-Shirdi road, while they were going to Shani-Shingnapur from Trimbakeshwar in their car.
Meanwhile, city police also arrested a 55-year-old man, Dillushaikh Mohammed Shaikh alias Mama, from Nashik Road and recovered a pistol, two live cartridges and sharp weapons from him yesterday.
Shaikh was arrested while he was trying to sell the fire arm to a person.
- Banks to auction Kingfisher logo, ‘Fly with Good Times’ trademarks tomorrow
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- NEET first phase will be held on May 1; Supreme Court declines Centre's plea, says let the exams go on
- CBSE challenges Kerala HC order allowing Hijab in exam hall for AIPMT 2016
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh