Flood victims yet to get any relief from Maha govt
Yavatmal: Flood affected families here are yet to get 20 kg of grains (10 kg each of rice and wheat) and 10 litre of kerosene free of cost, as per Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s assurance on August 11, despite a lapse of over 10 days.
"We have discussed the problems with the concerned people and they have promised to allot food grains in a couple of days` time,” District Collector Ashwin Mudgal said, confirming that the necessary foodgrain quota for free distribution has not yet been received from government godowns.
When asked about the survey of damage caused to houses during the flood, Mudgal said that engineers have almost completed the valuation.
"We distributed over Rs 2 crore to families who lost their houses or sustained damages to their houses," he said.
It may be recalled that over 230 villages in four tehsils of the district were flooded after heavy rains on July 21 and 23 caused heavy damages rendered several homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'