Flood victims yet to get any relief from Maha govt
Yavatmal: Flood affected families here are yet to get 20 kg of grains (10 kg each of rice and wheat) and 10 litre of kerosene free of cost, as per Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s assurance on August 11, despite a lapse of over 10 days.
"We have discussed the problems with the concerned people and they have promised to allot food grains in a couple of days` time,” District Collector Ashwin Mudgal said, confirming that the necessary foodgrain quota for free distribution has not yet been received from government godowns.
When asked about the survey of damage caused to houses during the flood, Mudgal said that engineers have almost completed the valuation.
"We distributed over Rs 2 crore to families who lost their houses or sustained damages to their houses," he said.
It may be recalled that over 230 villages in four tehsils of the district were flooded after heavy rains on July 21 and 23 caused heavy damages rendered several homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...