Florist rapes woman in Mumbai, arrested
Mumbai: A florist has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman under the pretext of delivering garlands at her residence in suburban Tilaknagar here, police said on Saturday.
According to the complaint lodged at Tilaknagar police station, the accused, 29-year-old Sachin Bhaskar, a resident of Mankhurd, reached at the woman`s house at around 10:30 am when she was alone at home on May 1.
The incident came to light yesterday when the woman, who was in a state of shock, opened up to her husband and parents, after which they lodged a complaint with the police following which the accused was arrested.
The victim, who is married and has a child, was alone in the house at the time of the incident as her husband had left for work and her 5-year-old son had gone to his grandparents` house on account of summer vacation. The accused knew the woman from the last two months as he had been regularly delivering garlands to her house.
The victim was taken to Rajawadi hospital, where her medical test was conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list