Florist rapes woman in Mumbai, arrested
Mumbai: A florist has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman under the pretext of delivering garlands at her residence in suburban Tilaknagar here, police said on Saturday.
According to the complaint lodged at Tilaknagar police station, the accused, 29-year-old Sachin Bhaskar, a resident of Mankhurd, reached at the woman`s house at around 10:30 am when she was alone at home on May 1.
The incident came to light yesterday when the woman, who was in a state of shock, opened up to her husband and parents, after which they lodged a complaint with the police following which the accused was arrested.
The victim, who is married and has a child, was alone in the house at the time of the incident as her husband had left for work and her 5-year-old son had gone to his grandparents` house on account of summer vacation. The accused knew the woman from the last two months as he had been regularly delivering garlands to her house.
The victim was taken to Rajawadi hospital, where her medical test was conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves