Foeticide case: Doctor remanded to 7-day police custody
Beed: A government doctor, who was arrested for allegedly conducting an abortion at his private hospital in Kaij tehsil of the district, was on Monday remanded to seven days in police custody by a local court.
Dr Chandrakant Lamture was remanded to seven-day police custody by Kaij judicial magistrate court.
Meanwhile, the woman whose abortion was conducted, was shifted at Ambajogai SRTR Medical College and Hospital after her condition become serious last night, police said.
Lamture, who was not authorised to conduct medical termination of pregnancy, was caught red-handed yesterday by a team of health and police officials when he allegedly aborted the over four-month old female foetus.
A case was registered against the doctor under sections 312 (causing miscarriage), 316 (causing death of unborn child), 317 and 511 of IPC and under sections 3, 4 and 5 of Medical Termination of Pregnancies (MTP) Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!