Foeticide case: Doctor remanded to 7-day police custody
Beed: A government doctor, who was arrested for allegedly conducting an abortion at his private hospital in Kaij tehsil of the district, was on Monday remanded to seven days in police custody by a local court.
Dr Chandrakant Lamture was remanded to seven-day police custody by Kaij judicial magistrate court.
Meanwhile, the woman whose abortion was conducted, was shifted at Ambajogai SRTR Medical College and Hospital after her condition become serious last night, police said.
Lamture, who was not authorised to conduct medical termination of pregnancy, was caught red-handed yesterday by a team of health and police officials when he allegedly aborted the over four-month old female foetus.
A case was registered against the doctor under sections 312 (causing miscarriage), 316 (causing death of unborn child), 317 and 511 of IPC and under sections 3, 4 and 5 of Medical Termination of Pregnancies (MTP) Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love