Foeticide cases: Govt may rope in Ujjwal Nikam for trials
Mumbai: Maharashtra government is likely to appoint advocates Ujjwal Nikam and Ujjwala Pawar as special public prosecutors in the cases related to female foeticide against Beed-based doctor couple, Sudam Munde and Saraswati Munde.
Health Minister Suresh Shetty said here that Dr Sudam Munde`s license as medical practitioner had been cancelled for now, alongwith that of around a dozen other doctors.
The doctor couple is accused of carrying out several illegal abortions at their Beed clinic. After absconding for several days, they surrendered before the police on June 17.
Names of advocate Nikam and advocate Pawar had been recommended to Law and Judiciary Dept, Shetty said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises