Foeticide: Maha to recover Rs 30 lakh from Beed doctor duo
Beed: Maharashtra Government has expedited the procedure to recover the Rs 30 lakh it had granted to the private hospital managed by a doctor duo from the district who are behind bars for allegedly carrying out illegal abortions.
Bed district civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod today wrote to Zilla Parishad chief executive officer to expedite the recovery of Rs 30 lakh from Vithai Hospital and Research Centre run by Dr Lahane and his son-in-law Dr Shivaji Sanap, who is also an accused in the case.
Dr Lahane lodged in Nashik Central jail was arrested on June 6 from here, while Dr Sanap was nabbed earlier on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including one on a minor girl, at his hospital.
Maharashtra Health Department had in March ordered the recovery of Rs 30 lakh after Sanap and Lahane`s alleged role in illegal abortions came to light.
In her letter to CEO Rajaram Mane, the civil surgeon also mentioned about the threat to her life from Dr Lahane for initiating action against the hospital.
Dr Rathod had complained to Beed SP Dattatreya Mandlik against Dr Lahane on June 6 regarding the threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?