Foeticide: Maha to recover Rs 30 lakh from Beed doctor duo
Beed: Maharashtra Government has expedited the procedure to recover the Rs 30 lakh it had granted to the private hospital managed by a doctor duo from the district who are behind bars for allegedly carrying out illegal abortions.
Bed district civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod today wrote to Zilla Parishad chief executive officer to expedite the recovery of Rs 30 lakh from Vithai Hospital and Research Centre run by Dr Lahane and his son-in-law Dr Shivaji Sanap, who is also an accused in the case.
Dr Lahane lodged in Nashik Central jail was arrested on June 6 from here, while Dr Sanap was nabbed earlier on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including one on a minor girl, at his hospital.
Maharashtra Health Department had in March ordered the recovery of Rs 30 lakh after Sanap and Lahane`s alleged role in illegal abortions came to light.
In her letter to CEO Rajaram Mane, the civil surgeon also mentioned about the threat to her life from Dr Lahane for initiating action against the hospital.
Dr Rathod had complained to Beed SP Dattatreya Mandlik against Dr Lahane on June 6 regarding the threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far