Foeticide: Maha to recover Rs 30 lakh from Beed doctor duo
Beed: Maharashtra Government has expedited the procedure to recover the Rs 30 lakh it had granted to the private hospital managed by a doctor duo from the district who are behind bars for allegedly carrying out illegal abortions.
Bed district civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod today wrote to Zilla Parishad chief executive officer to expedite the recovery of Rs 30 lakh from Vithai Hospital and Research Centre run by Dr Lahane and his son-in-law Dr Shivaji Sanap, who is also an accused in the case.
Dr Lahane lodged in Nashik Central jail was arrested on June 6 from here, while Dr Sanap was nabbed earlier on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including one on a minor girl, at his hospital.
Maharashtra Health Department had in March ordered the recovery of Rs 30 lakh after Sanap and Lahane`s alleged role in illegal abortions came to light.
In her letter to CEO Rajaram Mane, the civil surgeon also mentioned about the threat to her life from Dr Lahane for initiating action against the hospital.
Dr Rathod had complained to Beed SP Dattatreya Mandlik against Dr Lahane on June 6 regarding the threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside