Foeticide: Maha to recover Rs 30 lakh from Beed doctor duo
Beed: Maharashtra Government has expedited the procedure to recover the Rs 30 lakh it had granted to the private hospital managed by a doctor duo from the district who are behind bars for allegedly carrying out illegal abortions.
Bed district civil surgeon Dr Gauri Rathod today wrote to Zilla Parishad chief executive officer to expedite the recovery of Rs 30 lakh from Vithai Hospital and Research Centre run by Dr Lahane and his son-in-law Dr Shivaji Sanap, who is also an accused in the case.
Dr Lahane lodged in Nashik Central jail was arrested on June 6 from here, while Dr Sanap was nabbed earlier on June 2 for allegedly carrying out three abortions, including one on a minor girl, at his hospital.
Maharashtra Health Department had in March ordered the recovery of Rs 30 lakh after Sanap and Lahane`s alleged role in illegal abortions came to light.
In her letter to CEO Rajaram Mane, the civil surgeon also mentioned about the threat to her life from Dr Lahane for initiating action against the hospital.
Dr Rathod had complained to Beed SP Dattatreya Mandlik against Dr Lahane on June 6 regarding the threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’