Force One anti-terrorist commando shoots himself to death
Mumbai: A 25-year-old commando of Maharashtra`s elite counter-terrorism unit `Force One`, allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service pistol on the terrace of the Kalina police campus on Friday, the police said.
Identified as police constable Nandlal Sonavane, who had been undergoing commando training at the campus for the last two years, ended his life by shooting in his chest with a Glock pistol at about 5 am, said Deputy Police Commissioner Namdev Chavan.
After the incident, Sonavane was rushed to a nearby private hospital, where he died while undergoing treatment.
Later, his body was shifted to JJ Hospital for post mortem.
Sonavane hailed from Dhule district and was scheduled to get married next month, the police said.
No suicide note was found, the police said, adding, the reason for his extreme step was also not yet clear.
`Force One` was established after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. The specialised anti-terror strike unit was formed on the lines of National Security Guards (NSG).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir